Top 10 Cheap Senior Dating Ideas
Just because you are a senior it doesn't mean that you shouldn't go out and have fun on your dates. There are a lot of great inexpensive senior dates that you can go on. Even though you can afford to spend a lot more, sometimes it is nice to stroll down memory lane and appreciate all of the inexpensive to free senior dating options that you have. Here are the top 10 cheap senior dating ideas:
- Open houses are a lot of fun. You can fill up on free snacks and drinks as you and your date view the different homes in your area. You might just love the homes and want to take a peak inside. You can even get dressed up, do some role playing and who knows you might actually fall in love with one of these homes on your date!
- Going to a local bookstore can be very enlightening for older couples. You two might appreciate fine works of art and love to chit chat about how all of the great authors are long gone. If you are new to senior dating, this might be a great place to get to know your date much better by going down all of the aisles and learning about your date's interests.
- Puzzles are challenging and fun for any senior date. You can even go to the store and pick one out together. Make a nice meal for dinner (or order in) and start your puzzle. It might take you a lot longer than you think.
- Go to a park to talk a nice long walk. If you want something a bit more exciting you might want to try a festival or a carnival that is near your home.
- Visit a petting zoo. This will be an interesting and fun experience for the two of you as you can meet the animals, feed them and pet them.
- Go to a local coffee shop to listen to live music and play 20 questions. You can learn a lot about your date over a few cups of tea or coffee while enjoying the background music.
- Take a class together. There are a lot of local schools that offer continuing education classes whether it is an art class, a foreign language or something completely new to the two of you.
- Learn about your local history at a local museum. There might be a lot that the two of you didn't know happen in your own backyard.
- Go to a play at a local high school or college. Who knows one of your younger relatives might be the star!
- Visit local yard sales together. You might just like to browse while he likes to see how much he can bargain the price down to. You can even take this time to take a relaxing walk around the neighborhood.